Dental Ed Policies
COVID-19 Pandemic Policies
Sea to Sky Dental Ed is committed to the safety and well-being of everyone we work with. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic all public and private courses scheduled will follow both provincial and federal health guidelines for physical distancing, the use of masks, and class sizes. The courses may need to be suspended on short notice if we are directed to by the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC). Courses are not cancelled but instead will be postponed with new dates scheduled once business resumes. We hope to see the continued lifting of health mandate policies as has now started to happen in 2022.
Dental-Ed will work with clients on a one-on-one basis in a fair manner during this period to resolve any issues.
- Sea to Sky Dental Ed Inc. reserves the right to cancel a course and fully refund registration fees due to insufficient registration or other circumstances beyond our control.
- If a course is cancelled by Sea to Sky Dental Ed, then the student will be given the option of either receiving a full refund or transferring to the next available date at no charge.
- Sea to Sky Dental Ed Inc. assumes no liability for cancellation of a course. Any ancillary costs related to the student taking a class (including but not limited to air travel, travel costs, hotels, per-diems, mileage, lost employee wages or salary) are the responsibility of the student and/or their employer. If a class is cancelled, Dental Ed Inc’s liability is limited to the amount of the registration fee only.
- Requests for transfer, cancellation or refund must be made in writing (email or fax is acceptable) to Sea to Sky Dental Ed Inc. within two weeks prior to the course date.
- No transfer fee will be charged if notice of transfer is given 30 days prior to the start of the course.
- A transfer fee of 15% of the total fees will be applicable if notice to transfer is given between 14 days and 30 days prior to the start of a course.
- A transfer fee of 25% of the total fees will be applicable if notice to transfer is given less than 14 days prior to the start of the course.
- Purchased books are non-refundable unless agreed to by Dental Ed.
- A 20% administration fee will be retained on all tuition fees paid when course cancellations are made when there is greater than two weeks before the course start date. The cancellation is not considered processed until the cancellation fee is paid, and the partial refund completed. This must occur within 72 hrs of the request to withdraw from a course.
- In the event of a cancellation less than two weeks prior to a course start date the entire tuition or group fee will not be refunded.
- Dental Ed only recognizes classroom hands-on based CPR, ACLS, and PALS courses. Online courses are not accepted.
- The prerequisite CPR course needed for CDAAC and moderate sedation courses must be the basic life support (BLS) level.
- Due to the nature of adult sedation courses for dentists, tuition fee refunds will not be given except for extreme circumstances. The full tuition amount will be charged as per the original payment schedule. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office.
- It is the responsibility of the course registrant to ensure that the course meets the requirements of their governing regulatory body before they register. This includes for course credentialing and for CE credit recognition. Dental Ed documentation will list total educational hours for the course only.
- The intent to withdraw from a sedation course for dentists must be communicated to the program director in writing.
- Supporting documentation of illness or family emergency must be submitted to the program coordinator for consideration of a full or partial refund for a sedation course for dentists within three weeks of the withdrawal notification.
- Salaries required to fulfill commitments to faculty members relating to your course registration are not necessarily refundable.
- For sedation courses with a clinical rotation, the student has one year from the date of the end of the didactic lectures to complete their clinical training. If the student exceeds the one-year time limit, then they must redo the didactic portion of the course and pay a tuition of $12,000.00 before undertaking their clinical rotation.
- If a sedation clinical is cancelled within three weeks or less of the start date then a clinical fee of $7500.00 will be charged when the clinical is rebooked.
- Academic misconduct such as cheating will result in immediate failure of a course and/or clinical practicum and a loss of all tuition and other associated expenses
- Each participant of our dental sedation courses must be aware that if they do not perform satisfactorily during the course, the course director will not write a letter to their governing body stating that they are competent in parenteral moderate sedation and airway management.
Return of Merchandise
Non-Warranty Product Return Policy
- Prior to returning a product, please contact our office at 1.778.984.0915 to obtain a return merchandise authorization (RMA) number. This will help us to expedite your return and allow us to give you the proper credit. Once you have received your RMA number, please follow the return policy guidelines.
- All pharmaceutical items with expiration dates are not returnable. Sea to Sky Dental Ed will only accept returns for pharmaceuticals if it was an error on our part. If so, please contact us within 7 calendar days of receipt of the product to obtain an RMA number.
- Items received without an RMA or after 15 calendar days will not receive credit.
- If Sea to Sky Dental Ed makes an error in fulfilling or shipping your order, we will promptly rectify the mistake at no cost to you. If we have made an error and you wish to return the product(s) to us, notification must be received within 15 days of invoice.
Non-Returnable Items Include:
1. Items that are special order items.
2. Edan medical devices unless there is a warranty issue.
3. Items that have been marked or engraved.
4. Customized items, any sterile product that has been opened or items determined by Dental Ed not to be in resalable condition.
5. Product that is more than 60 days older than the invoice date.
Return Policy Guidelines:
- Items returned within 30 days of the invoice date will not be subject to a restocking fee.
- Items returned 31 – 60 days than the invoice date will be subject to a 15% restocking fee.
- Items older than 60 days from the invoice date will not be accepted and will be returned to the customer.
- Please write the RMA number clearly on the package label.
- Enclose a copy of the original invoice or packing list in the box.
- Send the package freight prepaid.
- Returns must be received by Dental Ed within 30 days of issuance of RMA number.
- Items received without a RMA number will not be eligible for credit.
Edan Medical Devices
Edan does not allow returns of merchandise other than for warranty reasons therefore all sales of Edan medical devices are final once the order is placed. Please allow up to 3-4 weeks for delivery.
All claims for damage occurring in transit must be made upon receipt of goods by customer directly to the carrier. Please save all boxes and packing material. All shipment errors must be reported immediately upon receipt to Sea to Sky Dental Ed.
Sea to Sky Dental Ed Inc. Website and Personal Information
Sea to Sky Dental Ed Inc. web servers and web analytics services used by Sea to Sky Dental Ed Inc., automatically collect information that is essential to the security, technical maintenance and usability of our website, hereinafter referred to as the “Site”.
The information collected includes data such as:
- Browser and operating system type and version used to access the Site
- Internet service provider (ISP) name and Internet Protocol (IP) address of visitors
- Pages visited, including duration, date and time
- Addresses of external websites linked to the Site and used by visitors to enter the Site
Sea to Sky Dental Ed Inc. uses the information to maintain security, diagnose technical issues and conduct statistical analysis to assist in making the site more useful to visitors.
The extent of personal information collected by Sea to Sky Dental Ed Inc’s servers depends on the standards followed by your ISP. You may wish to contact your ISP to determine the policies and practices in this regard.
Access to information collected is restricted to authorized individuals. Sea to Sky Dental Ed Inc. makes no attempt to link the information collected to the identity of individuals.
While viewing portions of the Site, small data files called “cookies” may be stored on your browser to assist you when returning to a specific page or area on the Site. If you have concerns about cookies, you can configure your web browser settings to not accept cookies or to display warning messages.
Sea to Sky Dental Ed Inc. complies with BC’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA), which allows access to information held by public bodies and determines how public bodies may collect, use and disclose personal information.
Sea to Sky Dental Ed Inc. collects personal information for purposes associated with its operating programs and activities. The Act applies to all records in the custody or under the control of Sea to Sky Dental-Ed Inc. with some exceptions. Requests may be made for access to records containing an individual’s own personal information or to records containing general information.
The Act does not apply to some categories of records including:
- A record containing teaching materials or research information of employees at Sea to Sky Dental Ed Inc.
- A record containing information about a question that is to be used on a Sea to Sky Dental Ed Inc. examination or test
In responding to access requests, Sea to Sky Dental Ed Inc. may redact certain information based on the exceptions from disclosure in the Act.
For more information about Sea to Sky Dental Ed Inc. privacy procedures, contact:
Sea to Sky Dental Ed Inc.
PO Box 499
For more information about FIPPA, which is enforced by the Office of the Information & Privacy Commission (OIPC) for British Columbia, see the OIPC website.
Price Matching (only Edan Monitors)
The Edan Monitor you’re comparing must meet each of the following criteria to qualify for a price match.
- If you’ve already purchased the product from Dental Ed and would like a price adjustment, it must have been purchased within the past 10 days. This is the date shown on your invoice/sales receipt.
- The product must be the exact same brand name and model # as sold by Dental Ed.
- The product must be priced in Canadian Dollars and include all environmental fees, shipping costs, and other charges.
- The product must be sold AND shipped by a retailer or authorized dealer located within Canada. Check the dealer’s shipping policy on the competitor’s site to confirm.
- The product must be in stock, available for sale, and cannot be on back order, or available only in a limited quantity.
- The product’s price must not be lower due to an advertising error or misprint.
- The competitor’s price cannot be due to close-outs or liquidations.
If your item meets each of the above criteria, contact us at 778-984-0915 .